Port City Racecars Celebrates 40th Anniversary
Port City Racecars is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a leading manufacturer of racecar chassis and specialty parts catering to the short track asphalt community.
The privately held company was founded by Harley Boeve in 1981 in a modest shop located on his family’s farm in Michigan. In 2018 Boeve sold Port City Racecars to Gary Crooks which at the time was a very successful PCR dealer.
Now, after 40 years in business, PCR has grown into two separate buildings accounting for close to 20K square feet and is located in Race City USA, Mooresville, NC. The three primary pillars of custom chassis, specialty parts and unrivaled customer service still create the foundation of the business to this day.
To celebrate the milestone achievement in business, PCR is going to celebrate with its customers as they are the true measure of PCR’s success. During the month of May:
- All customers that shop on portcityracecars.com will receive a $40 credit towards all orders over $150 using check-out code PCR40 (Limit one transaction per customer. Offer expires 5/31/21).
- For the balance of ’21, all new car orders will be photographically documented throughout the build process. Upon completion, the owner will be presented a framed oversized print of their car that will carry the signatures of all Port City Racecars employees. The print will feature the special PCR 40th Anniversary logo signifying the chassis construction during the celebratory year.
- Limited edition apparel carrying the PCR 40th Anniversary logo will be available for purchase directly from www.portcityracecars.com.
NOTES OF INTEREST
- Port City Racecars builds a variety of new chassis including Super Late Model, Pro Late Model, American-Canadian Tour, Modified and Road Race as well as servicing hundreds of customer cars as they pass through the Carolinas.
- PCR’s parts division is continuing to grow with new SKU’s being added every month. PCR is committed to becoming a valuable resource for short track racers across the country when it comes to finding these specialty parts.
- PCR will be returning back to the PRI show in December of ’21 and will be giving away a Straight Rail Template Offset Late Model chassis which will be the culmination of the year-long giveaway promotion. More info can be found here: https://www.portcityracecars.com/blogs/news/pcr-2021-pri-giveaway-win-a-free-chassis
- Gary Crooks, Owner, Port City Racecars: “Harley created a strong product and brand back in ’81 and we feel the responsibility to continue the growth while never losing sight of our values or place within the short track community. This is my passion and I have surrounded myself with great people with very specialized skills and I am excited to see what the future holds.”